Sunday, July 1, 2012

bundle install +
tar_input.rb:49:in `initialize': not in gzip format (Zlib::GzipFile::Error)

This is one of the pending post since 6 month, thought it might helpful to some people.

Today on production server our system team found very strange issue with REE and bundler which lead production server was down for 20 min. This issue did not occur on test (Since on test and production have different version of REE)

Issue is as follows,

Issue was new to me, so I started digging into it using the almighty google.

The solution which I found on net was not applicable since we couldn't afford a downtime.

Issue is actually with ruby-enterprise-1.8.7-2010.02. Which is fixed in ruby-enterprise-1.8.7-2011.01 as described in release note.

But we don't have a time to upgrade REE at this point. So I digged into it and found temporary solution described here.

Basically you have to clear you gem cache either you are use rvm or not. so I have simply deleted content from my gems folder
sudo rm -rf /opt/ruby-enterprise-1.8.7-2010.02/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/

And this worked !!!....

No comments:

Post a Comment